Start-up, animal commissioning and post opening operations are managed by the promoters (
Size of project: 5 000 m2 - 45 tanks / 2 million liters of marine water.
As a landmark development in Mauritius, the aquarium project contributes positively to bring additional value to the country, from an economic, social and environmental standpoint, in different ways:
• It contributes to the development of the tourism industry
• It enhances the image of Mauritius as a country which is paying a high consideration to conservation and other highly topical environmental issues.
• It educates and heighten awareness on biodiversity and the importance of marine life in the region.
• It introduces a new savoir-faire in an area that requires deep scientific knowledge and sharp technical skills.
• It offers a new, friendly and innovative space for educational, social and recreational encounters involving , both locals and foreigners.
Odysseo Oceanarium opened last September 2021.